Sriracha Ghee-Injected Chicken
Serves 4-6. Maybe some leftovers.
- 1 whole chicken – thawed or fresh
- 2 Tbsp. melted Sriracha Ghee – can use any of the savory ghee flavors
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried chives
- 1 Tbsp. smokey sweet paprika
- 1 – 2 tsp. sriracha powder – Calicutts Spice Co. sriracha spice is excellent!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove any giblets that are stuffed inside the chicken cavity. Wash and dry the chicken, inside and out. Sprinkle the inside with Sriracha powder and salt.
- Melt the ghee in a clean, narrow jar in the microwave. Using a food injector*, pull the melted ghee into the tube with the plunger. Insert it under the chicken skin at the breasts and thighs. Insert in ONE spot and move the injector around to spread the ghee under the skin without puncturing more holes. Pull the injector out and insert in the other breast. Repeat with the thigh area.
- Baste the outside of the chicken with a little ghee and sprinkle with paprika and chives.
- Reduce oven temp to 375F and bake chicken for 20 minutes. Every 15 minutes baste the chicken with pan drippings till it has reached an internal temperature of 165F** at the thickest part of the bird.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 15 mins before serving.
* Find an injector at grocery stores or amazon.com ** A good rule of thumb is to allow 20 minutes per pound as a guide for roasting a chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!