Crustless Apple Pie
Blending a variety of apples (sweet, tart, crispy and soft) gives this all American favorite dessert a complex apple flavor without all the carbs. Some apples remain a bit crisp while others cook to a yummy softness.These cinnamon apples also pair well with grilled pork chops, are the perfect flair atop pancakes or waffles, tossed into crepes, that is if you're craving some carbs! 🙂
- 3-4 assorted medium sized apples, peeled or unpeeled; cored and diced;
- 1 tablespoon Original Ghee
- 1.5 tablespoon maple sugar; Turbinado or other raw sugar works too
- 1/8 teaspoon good salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg; to your taste
- 1-2 pinches ground clove
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup; for drizzling
- splash of water; as needed
- Over medium heat, melt the ghee. Add the apples and sugar; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently till apples produce some moisture.
- Add the vanilla, spices and a splash of water.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes til the apples are softened to a consistency you prefer. If they are too dry, add another splash of water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool or serve. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and add whipped cream. (optional)
Apples will keep in fridge for a couple of days. Can eat cold or reheat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!