- 12 organic apples choose a variety of apples
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice; (½ lemon)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon; optional
- 1 tablespoon melted Original or Maple Cinnamon Ghee
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Cut into 1’ pieces. Place into crock pot along with the water and lemon juice.
- Stir together and cover, cook on high for at least 3 hours.
- Test the softness of the apples by squishing them on the side of the crock pot.
- Add sugar or maple syrup, melted ghee and cinnamon. Cover and continue to cook for another hour.
- Turn off heat. Allow to cool slightly and blend with an immersion blender till very smooth.
- Chill and share!
- NOTE: Easy to make and so velvety smooth. Tastiest applesauce you will ever eat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!