Baked Corn Pudding
- 2 Cups freshly grated corn – (if using frozen, thaw and blend to break up kernels)
- 2 Eggs – beaten
- 1 Teas. good salt
- 1/2 Teas. cracked pepper
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Original Ghee
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Cup half and half – or whole milk
- 1 Teas. freshly ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grate corn, and add salt, pepper, maple syrup, flour and melted ghee.
- Add beaten eggs and milk.
- Stir well and pour into a greased (with ghee) 9×9 pan OR individual baking cups.
- Bake at 350F for 45minutes or longer. Pudding is done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup or honey prior to serving.
Any of our ghee products can replace the Original Ghee. Honey Ghee and Maple Cinnamon Ghee give it a sweeter flavor. Sriracha Ghee gives it a little heat while Black Garlic Ghee brings home a mild, savory garlic flavor. If using Honey Ghee, substitute the maple syrup with honey. You may pour this into a 9 x 9 baking dish or individual cups as a special treat. Using a nutmeg grinder with a crank is so helpful. Grinding whole nutmeg produces a far better flavor.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!