Carrot and Curry Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Original Ghee
- 1/2 large sweet onion – chopped
- 2 piece ginger roots – peeled and grated
- 2 Garlic cloves – minced
- 8 large carrots – scrubbed and chopped
- 5 cups chicken or veggie stock – homemade or store bought
- 1 Tbsp. curry paste
- 1.5 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Teas. turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teas. black pepper
- 1 Teas. good salt
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half – optional
- Sour cream as garnish – optional
- Chives as garnish
- Heat olive oil, 2 tablespoons ghee, onions and carrots in a stock pot. Sauté till onions are a little translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté till you begin to smell the garlic.
- Add 4 cups of the broth (reserving 1 cup for later).
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cover. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are very tender.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender (or put it into a blender – carefully) blend till very smooth. If a thinner consistency is preferred, add the last cup of broth slowly and blend till the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning and add a warm cup of milk or cream to the soup. Add the last tablespoon of ghee and stir into finished soup till fully incorporated.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives and or sour cream. (optional)
- Serves 4-6. Good crusty, sourdough bread works for dunking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!