Mashed Parsnips with Sriracha Ghee and Herbs
- 2 lbs parsnips – peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup full fat organic yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Ghee – plus small amount melted for drizzle
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs such as – parsley, chives, dill, and mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 grated zest of small lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the parsnips and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the parsnips in a colander and let them steam under a clean kitchen towel for about 5 minutes.
- Return the parsnips to the pot and mash them with a potato masher, mashing to the consistency you desire.
- Stir in the yogurt, ghee, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and sprinkle with herbs and drizzle melted Sriracha Ghee and serve.
Servings: 4 SOURCE: Healthy Living Kitchen Keto friendly Recipe is courtesy of Michelle Wohlfarth, a Holistic Health Educator and Certified Integrative Nutrition Coach and owner of Healthy Living Kitchen in Central PA.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!