Serves 2 (or more with a salad)
- 16 medium – large size shrimp – 4 per skewer
- 2 sweet bell peppers cut into chunks – assorted colors
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes – assorted colors
- 2+ Tbsp. melted Sriracha Ghee
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour.
- Wash, shell and de-vein the shrimp. Pat dry and put aside in a bowl.
- Wash and de-seed the peppers and cut into quarters. Cut each quarter into thirds.
- Wash the tomatoes and set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin chunks, smaller than the peppers and set aside.
- In a bowl, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of ghee for basting. Retain the other half for melting and dipping at the table.
- Heat the grill.
- Skewer shrimp, onion, pepper and tomato as you desire on each skewer and place on a plate. Baste the whole lot and then place on the grill. Keep an eye on it – shrimp cooks fast. Turn them evenly every few minutes till done.
- Serve on a plate with the additional ghee, melted for dipping and basting.
So yummy with rice or crusty bread and a fresh salad. Can also use Black Garlic Ghee in place of Sriracha Ghee.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!