So yummy! Serves 8-10.
- 1/2 cup Simply Ghee Original or Maple Cinnamon Ghee; melted
- 1 cup organic flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4-5 cups fresh sliced peaches; peeled*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Generous sprinkle ground cinnamon
- Pinch good salt
- Melt ghee in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, ¾ cup Turbinado sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt. Add the milk and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter over the ghee in the baking dish. Do not stir!
- In a medium saucepan, bring the brown sugar, peaches and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over batter but don’t stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve alone, with fresh whipped cream or warm with vanilla ice cream. * Peeling peaches: Blanching peaches loosens their skin and makes them super easy to peel.
- 1) Score an X on the bottom skin of each washed peach. Do not cut deeply – just need to score the skin.
- 2) Put the peaches in the boiling water, making sure they are entirely submerged. Blanch them for 40 seconds or up to one minute if the peach is not quite ripened.
- 3) Remove each peach from the boiling water using a pair of tongs or slotted spoon.
- 4) Submerge into a ice bath for at least one minute to cool quickly.
- 5) Cut them in half, remove the pit, peel off the skin using your fingers or a small knife. Slice/dice them for the recipe.
- 6) BE CAREFUL! They are slippery!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!