Chicken, Veggies and Basil Pesto Cream
Serves 6 – 8 along with a fresh salad.
- 1.5 lb organic chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original – Heirloom Salt+ Pepper Ghee or Black Garlic Ghee
- 1 Teas. EVOO
- 1 medium zucchini – sliced into rounds
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper – julienned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 1/2 lemon zest
- handful of pine nuts or sunflower seeds – optional
- Season chicken cutlets with coarse salt and pepper on both sides.
- In large pan, heat 1 tablespoon each of ghee and olive oil.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium high heat on each side. Remove when the chicken is cooked through.
- Add remainder of ghee and add zucchini, bell pepper and tomatoes. Season with coarse salt and pepper and sauté until the veggies are soft.
- Mix the basil pesto and cream in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and pour the pesto and cream mixture in. Reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, zest and nuts/seeds.
Serve on its own or with your favorite pasta or quinoa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!