Chicken, Veggies and Basil Pesto Cream
Serves 6 – 8 along with a fresh salad.
- 1.5 pounds organic chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons Original Ghee
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini; sliced into rounds
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper; cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 lemon; juiced
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1+ tablespoon pine nuts or sunflower seeds; optional garnish
- Season chicken cutlets with coarse salt and pepper on both sides.
- In large pan, heat 1 tablespoon each of ghee and olive oil.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium high heat on each side. Remove when the chicken is cooked through.
- Add remainder of ghee and add zucchini, bell pepper and tomatoes. Season with coarse salt and pepper and sauté until the veggies are soft.
- Mix the basil pesto and cream in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and pour the pesto and cream mixture in. Reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, zest and nuts/seeds.
Heirloom Salt+ Pepper Ghee or Black Garlic Ghee are excellent replacements for Original Ghee. Serve on its own or with your favorite pasta or quinoa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!