BBQ Mesquite Herb Chicken Breasts
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts (preferably organic, grass-fed and soy-free)
- 2 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original or Honey Ghee
- 1 Tbsp. BBQ mesquite seasoning (salt free)
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined salt (Redmond’s REAL Salt, Celtic or Himalyan salt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives (generously use herbs)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes – diced chunky
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat dry and place in a baking dish.
- You can also use mushrooms in addition to or in place of the tomatoes. Fresh basil is also perfect. Any fresh or dried herb can be used in addition to chives.
- In a small bowl blend the ghee with BBQ mesquite seasoning, unrefined salt and chopped chives. Massage over chicken breasts. Place cut tomatoes around chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Uncover, baste breasts with pan juices and place back in the oven for at least 10 minutes. Check the inside of chicken to determine it is done – juicy but not pink. Tomatoes will be juicy, creating a light sauce. Let it set for another 5 minutes before serving.
Serves two. Great with a steamed or sautéed green veggie or a fresh salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!