Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
So yummy, you’ll never miss the carbs! 2-3 servings.
- 1/2 head cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1 small shallot – diced
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee – divided
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (can use freshly grated)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries – can soak them in warm water before adding. (Use unsweetened ones, soaked in water for Paleo and Whole30)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon good salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cauliflower florets to the grater tube in your food processor or shred it using the larger holes on a box grater. Make sure to remove the moisture by wrapping shredded cauliflower in a towel or using a fine sieve, pressing the moisture out. It should be as dry as you can get it.
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Turmeric + Black Pepper ghee. Add the shallots and cook about 2 minutes. Stir in the turmeric and salt. Add the cauliflower rice, chives, and remaining Turmeric + Black Pepper ghee and stir till well coated. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cover tightly with a lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent browning or sticking. You can always add a teeny bit of water to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in dried cranberries (if soaking, remove from water), almonds and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!