Cheesy Heirloom Tomato Phyllo Tart
- 3 medium mixed heirloom tomatoes (colorful); sliced ¼” thick
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes; sliced ¼” thick
- 3-4 garlic cloves; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon good sea salt
- 3 ounce Fontina cheese; shredded (about ¾ cup)
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese; grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Black Garlic Ghee or Original Ghee; melted
- 8-10 frozen phyllo pastry sheets; thawed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves; julienned
- Preheat oven at 450F with a rack in the lowest position.
- Arrange tomatoes on a large baking sheet lined with paper towels and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl melt the ghee and mix in the minced garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then brush with melted ghee. Place one phyllo sheet on top. Baste with melted ghee, then place the second phyllo sheet down. Repeat with the rest of the sheets. Brush the final phyllo sheet with melted ghee and top with cheeses.
- Add the tomatoes evenly across the top and then add the basil. Finish with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Watch the edges, they can darken faster than the rest. You may want to cover the edges lightly with aluminum foil for a few minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!