Fresh Asparagus Soup
Smooth and creamy! Serves 4-6.
- 6 cups chicken or veggie broth*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Simply Ghee Original or Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee
- 4 shallots – chopped, a generous cup
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 4 cups fresh asparagus – washed, woody stem removed, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Yukon potato – medium sized, peeled, and diced small
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dill (dried)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley (dried)
- 1/2 tsp. sea or mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon
- Over medium heat, add to a saucepan, melt the ghee. Toss in the shallots and potato and stir till well coated. Allow to cook approximately 3 minutes, then add the asparagus and garlic and continue to stir frequently to cook for another 5 minutes or so. Then add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the dill, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer for approximately 25-30 minutes. Test the asparagus to make sure it’s very soft. If still somewhat firm continue to simmer. Once soft, remove the pan from the heat and place on a protected surface. Using an immersion blender, blend slowly and carefully until the soup is very smooth.
- Place back on the burner on very low heat, stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of Turmeric + Black Pepper Ghee, or coconut cream or sour cream.
* Heat an extra cup of broth in case the soup is too thick when blending. Slowly add it in small increments till you reach your desired consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!