Lemony Pasta with Peas
- 1 cup dried pasta -cooked according to directions
- 2 Tbsp. Original Ghee
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 shallot -sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves -minced
- 2 Teas. lemon zest -1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice -1 lemon
- Good salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta accordingly to the package directions. Drain, stir in a teeny bit of olive oil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the ghee. Add shallots and cook till they become a little transparent.
- Add the peas and garlic and cook till garlic is lightly browned and peas are cooked to your liking.
- In the same pan you cooked the pasta, add ghee and lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper and heat till incorporated. Add grated parmesan cheese and blend.
- Add pasta to the pot, stir until completely blended. Add more lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the rest of the cooked ingredients – blend well and spoon into bowls.
- Top with more cheese and lemon zest and serve.
Serves 2 generously with a side salad. Toss in roasted red and orange peppers for added flavor and color.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!