Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 6-8 cups turkey broth
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. Original Ghee
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup chopped leeks -including light green parts
- 2 Garlic cloves -minced
- 2 cups carrots -sliced round
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups green beans -cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large red skin potato
- 1 yellow pepper -chopped
- 1 small zucchini -diced
- 6 medium cremini mushrooms -sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes -diced
- 2 Tbsp. salad herbs -(mix of parsley,thyme, basil, oregano, marjoram)
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 14.5 oz. can organic tomatoes ; diced
- 1 Teas. salt
- 1 Teas. pepper
- Fresh squeezed lemon to taste
- Melt the ghee in a stock pot. Add shallots, leeks, carrots, celery, yellow pepper, potato and garlic. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes or till slightly softened.
- Add all of the broth and stir till incorporated.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil for a few minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and allow the soup to cook for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms and continue to cook for at least 10 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and season with more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Add fresh lemon juice to the pot right before serving. Add a small dollop of ghee to your soup bowl to make it even more satiating!
You may also use a slow cooker – following the same instructions for cooking. Black Garlic Ghee, Heirloom Salt+Pepper and Sriracha Ghee are also good in this recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!